Karin Huyssen – Clinical Psychologist
I am a registered clinical psychologist working in the heart of Stellenbosch with adults. I offer individual psychotherapy (brief and long term), couples therapy, group therapy, parental guidance, psycho-education and training workshops.
My clients come from all walks of life and bring a wide range of concerns to therapy, which include:
- Affective disorders (depression, mood swings, bipolar disorders)
- Anxiety disorders (Generalised anxiety disorders (GAD), panic attacks, phobias)
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) or obsessive behaviour
- Trauma, acute stress, coping with emotional, physical and sexual abuse
- Eating disorders and disordered eating
- Relationship and communication issues
- Work related problems, chronic stress, burnout
- Low self-esteem, loneliness, feelings of meaningless, emptiness, struggling to connect
- Bereavement and loss
- Neurodevelopmental conditions (specifically Autism Spectrum Disorders (ASD), Sensory Processing Disorders (SPD), OCD, Intellectual Disabilities, emotional processing difficulties). Other neurdevelopmental conditions like ADHD/ ADD, specific learning difficulties like dyslexia, dyscalulia, etc. I refer on to specialists in these fields).
- Impacts of and living with physical illnesses (e.g., cancer, fibromyalgia, chronic fatigue syndrome, chronic pain)
- Personal growth and inner work
- Systemic and family constellations: individual sessions, supervision for trainees, and training (on request)
I am fully trilingual and offer therapy in Afrikaans, English and German.